Тема: Help with memory problem
Мнение #1
Написано на: Май 19 2018, 13:37

No avatar chosen

Група: Li fans
Регистриран: Май 2018

Оценка: няма

Hello,

To start with, I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, with two Crucial PC2700 512MB sticks, and an AMD Athlon XP 3000. I am not overclocking anything and as far as I can tell I have no overheating issues.
My problems began a few weeks ago when (with no hardware or system changes that I remember), I began having hard lockups where the computer would freeze, but there was no blue screen. I could easily induce these hard lockups by tyring to open a few video files at once, which led me to believe it was a software or driver problem.
At this point, I had my two memory sticks setup in slots 1 and 3 on the motherboard so that dual-channel mode would be enabled. Running memtest on both sticks, or each singly in slot 1 gave no errors after several passes. However, switching them to slots 1 and 2 (which made them run in single-channel mode) fixed the hard lockups. What was strange about this was that I had been running these sticks for at least the past 2 years or so in dual-channel mode with no problems, and I hadn't made any changes to any settings to explain this sudden change.
I thought my problems were gone, but starting soon after, every few days or so I would get a random BAD_POOL_HEADER blue screen. So I decided to try running memtest again. With both sticks (I'll call one A and one B) in slots 1(A) and 2(B), I got several errors after about 13 passes.
I then took stick B out, leaving only stick A in slot 1. I ran memtest for 15 passes, and there were no errors.
Next, I took stick A out, and put stick B in slot 1. Again, I ran memtest for 18 passes, and there were no errors.
I put stick A back into slot 2 and left stick B in slot 1(which meant A and B were reversed from my initial failing test run), and memtest gave me several errors.
At this point, it didn't seem like either of the sticks were necessarily bad, so I decided to run memtest again, this time with only stick A in slot 2. The test is currently on pass #8 with no errors.
I'm just getting frustrated because I can't tell if this is an issue with my motherboard or with the memory, and I could use some suggestions for how to narrow it down.
If my current memtest run fails, it would point to a bad memory slot #2 (except for the problems I had initially when the sticks were running in dual-channel mode in slots #1 and #3). But if it doesn't, what else can I do? Has anybody experienced anything similar? Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help.

Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=238180
Creative advertising company

Thank you
Контакти:  JesseVoss

• AOL  AOL: JesseVoss
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN: JesseVoss
  • YIM  Yahoo IM: JesseVoss
WEB  
Общо 0 отговор(а) от Май 19 2018, 13:37 до сега
 » Начало » Li Форуми » За Linux-Index » Проблеми » Help with memory problem